Lately, Jason and I have been saying our goodnights to Jackson and allowing him to "play quietly" in his room for 15 to 20 minutes before we officially get him into bed and off to la-la land. He's learned how to turn on his overhead light himself with one of those pool noodles that he calls his fireman's hose. Once he has light, he then gets out trucks/blocks/animals/puzzles/etc for one last bit of playtime. Keep in mind that he hasn't yet picked up on the meaning of "quiet". Just two nights ago for instance, he proudly sang his ABCs while playing the maracas. Well one night a few weeks back, we "forgot" about him because he actually was being quiet. Around 10pm on our way up to bed ourselves, I went in for the usually kiss on the forehead and placement of covers when I discovered that Jackson wasn't in his bed. I think the picture below speaks for itself on where he was! There really is never a dull moment with this one!

1 comment:
Hilarious! At least he found a pillow! Great updates and pictures below, too. What fun adventures you are having!
Post a Comment